A masterpiece by the Prouvé brothers by the sea:
Also known as “Villa Saint-Clair”, this holiday home was designed between 1949 to 1951 for the Dollander family (also owner of a “Maison Dollander” in Nancy designed by Jean Prouvé). Villa Saint-Clair was designed by Henri Prouvé, the architect, and built by his brother Jean, the builder.
The villa enjoys an exceptional setting on the seafront of Le Lavandou, facing the magnificent beach of Saint-Clair. It rises on an enclosed landscaped plot of 2,493 m², planted with Mediterranean species.
With an area of approximately 100 m², the main villa consists of a day part (6 x 6 m) and a night part (3 x 10 m), connected by a covered gallery. The day part hosts a living room, a dining room and a kitchen. The night part houses three bedrooms and a bathroom.
The property also includes an outbuilding of 85 m² (former garage recently extended and refurbished), comprising a living room, a dining room, a kitchen, three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a garage.
Villa Dollander has been listed as a Historic Monument since 1991.